Data Privacy Statement
Our Approach to Privacy
- Why we collect personal information
- What kind information we collect
- Where we get these information
- Who we share your information with
- How we protect your information
- Your choices, including how you can check and update any personal information we have about you
Why we collect personal information
To improve our products and services, it is important that we collect, use, process and analyze your personal information when it is reasonable and necessary. When we can, we aggregate and anonymize this information such that you are never identified as an individual. [Aggregating simply means presenting information in segments or categories like age groups; anonymizing means removing personally identifiable information from the data].
In particular, we are using your information to:
- Manage your account, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality and security of the network, train our staff, and provide services timely and efficiently;
- Send commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, surveys, customer care and aftersales communications, and other broadcast push messages;
- Share your personal data with third-party content providers or other third-party services for which you sign up;
- Conduct analysis for research and marketing initiatives, including the generation of anonymized or non-personally identifiable location and mobility data to show footfall, location patterns, crowd density, and other information that may be relevant for marketing purposes;
- Generate statistical insights based on usage/network information to assist the Government in planning for healthcare, disaster, and other similar initiatives;
- Run credit scoring programs and initiatives, including but not limited to, providing information to the Credit Information Corporation in accordance to Republic Act No. 9501, otherwise known as the Credit Information System Act; and
- Perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
In cases where your separate and full consent is given, we are also processing your personal data to:
- Create your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, and other information that may be relevant for marketing and market research purposes;
- Share your personal profile based on your interests, preferences, and mobility patterns from physical locations that you may visit, to our business partners and third-party service providers;
- Compute your credit score based on data collected internally within the PLDT Group and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and share your credit score to third-parties to whom you specifically instruct us to share your credit score; and
- Send you information on offers, promotions, and advertisements from our business partners and third-party service providers.
What type of information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like what postpaid plan is best for you, to more complex things like which related services and digital content you’ll find interesting & useful. This includes information such as:
Who you are
- Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and identity supporting documents such as SSS or passport numbers. You can check what we know about you by making a request to the Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below;
- Your credit card, bank and payment details; and
- Your contact details like billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address;
What you use our network for
- Your mobile phone location (to enable connection to our network to make calls, SMS and/or access our data services);
- Your call, text, data and billing records including any other products and services you use like our apps, website, self-care channels as well as the date and time of use, duration, where you use them and how much it costs;
- The device you use when to access our Products and Services (such as your mobile handset, your computer system and platform) to customize our service for you; and
- No, we don’t look at the content of your text messages and we don’t listen to your calls, unless you’re talking to our hotline.
What you do with your Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. Account
- This includes when and how much you reload or pay your bills; and
- How often you access your account and why.
Where we get these information
There are a few different ways we collect information.
Information that you personally give us
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you:
- Apply for subscription to our services by filling out a Service Application Form online, in one of our stores, or provide personal information to one of our TeleSales representative;
- Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
- Take part in our research and surveys; and/or
- When you apply for job with us.
Information we collect during our relationship with you
We also collect information as you use our products & services, like when you:
- Use our networks - whether it is mobile, Wi-Fi, or other channels;
- Pay your bill or purchase add-on products and services;
- Use our apps, websites and self-service channels; and
- Join our promos, prize raffles or reward & loyalty programs
Information we collect from other sources
We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties (credit agencies) and from other sources which you have given consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Who we share your information with
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. (or the group of companies of which Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. is part of) except in limited circumstances as noted in this policy. In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and other third party agencies as part of business operations and the provision of our products and services. This means we might share your information with:
- Our partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers, contractors, professional advisers who help us provide our products and services, for example our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our hotline operations;
- Other companies in the PLDT Group of companies;
- Law enforcement and government agencies; and
- Other companies whom you have also given consent to share your information
How we protect your information
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
- We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your information with strict confidentiality;
- We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected; and
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate
We will retain your personal data throughout the subscription of our products and services, and for a maximum period of five (5) years afterward.
Your choices, including how you can check and update any personal information we have about you.
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which includes the right to object to processing, the right to access your data, the right to modify of inaccurate data, and the right to erasure or blocking of data.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such personal information we have of you is incomplete, not up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below.
Our Contact Details:
Data Privacy Compliance Officer
Mr. Jose Alvin G. Gendrano
Sun Hotline Nos. 200 or (02) 395-8000
What happens when there are changes in this policy
Latest publication on 18 June 2014
Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc.collects personal information, particularly those that are voluntarily submitted by page visitors. These will enable the company to respond to service requests, distribute customer communication materials and process employment and corporate-related inquiries.
Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all of its operations and is dedicated to protecting the privacy of all visitors of this page. Except as disclosed below, the company does not sell, barter, give away, rent or give permission to external entities to use your personal information.
Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. occasionally taps third-party service providers, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners to aid in the management, maintenance and content building activities for this website such as creative design, marketing, analytics, programming, site maintenance and customer service. These entities have access to information necessary for their commissioned services and functions. Under contract, they are obligated as well to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from this website. They are also restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering data in any way other than to provide services as stipulated in their service agreements with the company.
Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. may also use or disclose personal information in good faith if required to do so by law under the belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal processes served on the company or on the website; (b) protect and defend company rights and properties, those of the website and its users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the safety and security of the general public, including the company and all its affiliates.
Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc.also collects related information to help it customize its contents and presentation and tailor fit the website to serve user interests and concerns. The company uses “cookies” to understand which part of this website is the most popular, which page is the most visited, and even the average amount of time spent by every user in a particular page. This information is used solely to assist in improving website content, design and functions. The website is however fully-functional even without the retention of cookies. Users may choose to block cookies from the site through their browser settings. Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc.also strives to protect the transmission of any information submitted by visitors. The company nevertheless cannot warrant that the transmission of data will be fully secured especially under the external circumstances and other third-party elements. All submissions are at the risk of page visitors.